RARE Moving & Storage (RARE) has been deemed as “Essential Services” by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts due to the critical service it provides to the community health service providers; housing relocation service providers; and families in transition. The Company is currently fully operational. RARE recognizes that the COVID-19 virus has caused an increasing level of change in how we all do things. As such, we are prepared to address any situation on a case-by-case basis. Every Rare Moving employee is trained on stringent procedures to ensure protection against COVID=19 both for the safety of our employees and customers alike.
As a state-designated “Essential Service”, we follow all social distancing protocols in accordance with guidance from the Department of Public Health and our team members are required to operate in strict compliance. RARE has expanded cleaning procedures for our trucks, storage facilities and offices. We have implemented the following operational procedures for all upcoming moves to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees and our customers during this viral outbreak.
RARE Moving & Storage COVID-19 Ready Operational Procedures (effective 3/28/20)
Providing you safe resources and clean trucks and moving equipment:
- Each employee has received 90 minutes of training and is provided with a PPE Kit (Masks, gloves) for use in their trucks.
- Before entry to our central location, all employees temperature are checked and are asked questions about their current health to ensure your movers are in good health
- Before and after each move, our employees disinfect their shoes, gloves and masks– we are mindful that these protective gear are in short supply and use every attempt to safely reuse them when possible
- All customer facility doorknobs, handrails and other frequently touch surfaces are identified and disinfected both prior to and after each move to ensure your pick-up and destination locations are protected.
About our customers and facilities/venues we serve
- After the initial walk-through is completed with the moving team, customers must be prepared to leave their home for the duration of the move.
- Customers must provide access to anti-bacterial soap and running warm water at all move locations. It is essential that team members are able to wash their hands throughout the progression of the move.
- If the customer has access to masks or face covers, we ask that they wear them during the walk-through with the moving team. Customers are required to maintain a safe distances of 6 feet or more at all times.
- Our Team Leaders will be prepared to do much of their interaction as possible with customers through phone calls, text, and/or FaceTime during the progression of the move.
- Customers will be asked to return at the end of the move to review the Bills of Lading and any additional documentation. Because we feel that any opportunity for interaction should be limited, we are waiving the requirement to sign the paperwork.
RARE Moving & Storage remains committed to providing the superior service and support that you have come to rely on. Please reach out to any member of the RARE Moving Team with any questions and/or concerns you may have about your move with us.