When you are moving, everything is just extra difficult for you and everyone involved. You literally must plan everything from the beginning and try to follow that plan as much as you could. If you think that packing your clothes or your kitchen items are hard, wait till you have to pack and move your large appliances to your new home. The process of moving appliances requires a great deal of planning and lots of extra precautions. These huge household appliances need more than just brute strength to be safely moved from point A to point B.
A lot of movers don’t tend to move with their household appliances for a couple of reasons. One is that they already have new household appliances included in the new place they are moving in to. Second, the household appliances they currently own are somewhat outdated and are inefficient anymore. In addition to that, the place that they are moving into might have a different set-up, which won’t allow the current appliances to fit as nicely. There are more reasons why people do not tend to move with their appliances, but these are the main ones.
Here are a couple of tips and tricks to move your household appliances to your new house safely.
Get proper equipment first!
As I have mentioned earlier, moving appliances requires a great deal of planning. A part of this is getting the necessary equipment to allow safe and easy move for your large appliances.
- Make sure to purchase or rent a high-quality dolly. This is something you cannot afford to forget. A dolly will be your extra person in this difficult time.
- Straps! Do not forget to acquire some appliance straps for when you are moving those big appliances
- Sliding Pads are the next helper you are going to need. These will allow you to slide the appliances without damaging your floor.
Moving this big household appliance is a process. Although when done right, it’s just all about the heavy lifting and proper moving. There are just a couple of things you have to keep in mind.
- Make sure to disconnect your refrigerator to its power supply a day before you are moving.
- Take out all removable parts and empty the content!
- Clean the inside thoroughly and let it dry.
- Coil and tape the cord so it won’t be hanging out while you are moving.
- Before loading it up on the dolly, use the straps to secure the doors and keep it from opening.
- You don’t want to damage your appliance and have oil leaking inside it so make sure to keep it upright on all times.
- Once you’ve settled in, keep it unplugged for at least a couple of hours to make sure the oil is stabilized.
RARE Moving and Storage has a team of highly-experienced professionals when it comes to moving appliances. Combined with our skills and proper equipment, we move huge and large household appliances of all types safely and efficiently.