Relocating to a new area and a new apartment is an exciting process in one’s life! However, moving in the summer heat and humidity can make your move become stressful and uncomfortable. But don’t you fret, here are some moving tips from Rare Moving & Trucking that’ll help you stay cool and collected during your summer move!
- Hydrate: Remember to stay hydrated! The most important tip for a summer move is keep drinking water throughout the whole moving process. Keep a water bottle on hand to stay hydrated and energized through the process.
- Dress Appropriately: Stay away from wearing black or dark colored clothes in the summer as it attracts heat. Choose garments that are light-weight and comfortable to move in. Wear sunscreen to protect your skin from sunburn since you’ll be spending a lot of time outside carrying your belongings.
- Air Conditioning: Make your summer move more bearable by turning on the air conditioner as soon as you get to your new place. This will make the unpacking process less uncomfortable and less sweaty!
- Move Month: Try to plan your move in the middle of the summer months so that you don’t have to move during the busiest time of the months which is either the beginning or end of the summer. By moving in the middle of the summer month you’ll have an easier time renting moving trucks and dealing with less traffic on the road.
- Pack Carefully: Check the weather and if it’s going to especially hot and humid during your move, be cautious to what you leave in the moving truck. Don’t put anything in the truck or your belongings that could potentially melt!
Contact Rare Moving & Trucking to have professional and reliable movers for your summer move! We offer a free quote and experience driving in and around The Greater Boston Area. Call us at 617-825-7273 or use our contact form to hear more about our moving services!