Are you worried your precious cargo is getting ruined every time you move? Organizing your things efficiently inside your moving truck will make your move much easier and less stressful. Here are a few suggestions that you can use when storing your items in your moving truck when loading and unloading so the process can go as smoothly as possible!
- Loading the heaviest items first is key! This will help keep your truck stable on the road and storing items that you need frequently during the ride should be kept in the front of the unit, where you can have access to the items easily. Also make sure you have the right size truck for your moving trip!
- Load your items into the truck quarter at a time while packing it as tight as possible from the floor to the ceiling. For extra security, you should secure each quarter with rope tied to the tie-down rings.
- Place heavy appliances such as sofas, refrigerators, large cabinets against the front wall of the truck. Then load chairs, tables, and bookcases, and light items towards near the back of the truck.
- Make sure to use protective covers on mattress and sofas. Try to stand large, flat objects like mirrors, mattresses, box springs, and tabletops vertically against the truck walls and tie them down firmly.
- Wrap your fragile items like mirrors and pictures with protective padding and store them in the end. Try to have all the right packing materials in advance so you are prepared for anything!
- Lighter boxes should be stacked on top of the heavier, bigger ones.
- If you have valuable papers and items, carry it with you so they don’t get lost or damaged.
These simple tactics will guarantee help you plan out your moving when you are unloading and loading your truck! If you just want a hassle free move without the worries of damaged items and loading & unloading the truck, just call Rare Moving & Trucking! Give us a call at (617) 825-7273 to set up an appointment and we will do all the work so you can have a smooth move.