TV’s, televisions, video games and other electronic devices are expensive, and we would hate to see them damaged during your big move; so here are some tips that will help you properly pack and transport these devices carefully and successfully!
- Follow the manufacturer’s directions for transporting devices; they know better than anyone how to properly protect their devices. If you still have the manual, give that a read through, otherwise check out their website and see if there is a customer support number you could call!
- If you held onto the boxes, they would be perfect for packing! But we understand how hard it is to keep boxes, as they cause clutter, just know your devices won’t fit as nicely in packing boxes as they would in their original box!
- If you don’t have original boxes, use the following materials to protect your priced electronic devices: sturdy boxing, newspapers to wrap around the device, tape, scissors, and markers to properly label each box.
- When you’re disassembling electronics with a lot of codes, be sure to label each cord to where they connect to the device; you should use color coordination, too, that way when you’re unpacking, you can easily reassemble these devices.
- Again, check with the manufacturers of your computer, TV and other electronics to see if they should be stored in climate controlled units.
- Wrap all electronics with some sort of linen or clean paper to protect them from dust.
- Also use tape to seal these boxes to keep dust and other dirt from getting inside your electronics.
These are just a few of the tips we have for packing and transporting electronic devices; for more information or to schedule a free moving estimate, please give Rare Movers a call at 617-825-7273