Moving can be very stressful, which is why we do everything in our power, here at Boston Rare Movers, to make moving as quick and efficient as possible; because of our years of experience, we have been able to compile some tips that can help create a stress-free move.
Here are the top five moving tips for the month of October:
- Make a List & Label Everything! Before you decide to even one box, stop for a minute, and make a list of all the contents you are shipping. Once you have that list, you can start to organize your things based on similarity; for example kitchen goods should be packed together, bedroom products together, etc. Make sure to label each box, i.e. bedroom, kitchen, living room, etc. That way when you are unpacking everything is already organized, and all you have to do is take everything out of the box.
- Pack in Advance. Be sure to pack weeks, even months in advance to your moving day; you do this for two reasons: 1. so you don’t run out of packing supplies the day of the move, 2. moving day is going to be so crazy, you will be happy that everything is already packed and ready to be loaded on the truck. We of course, offer packing services; if you’re interested in our packing services, you will need to book that service in advance! Believe us, the last thing you want to do before your big move is last minute packing!
- Do you Have Enough Packing Supplies? Make sure you purchase enough packing supplies! This step goes hand and hand with pack in advance; if you pack weeks in advance you will have a pretty good idea on how you stand on packaging supplies. You would hate to run out of boxes, or tape the day of the move; the key to moving is to be organized and to stay ahead, you can’t procrastinate!
- Protect the Valued Items! During the moving process, we always do our best to keep all of your products in the same condition we found them in; one way we do this is by telling our customers to safeguard their valued products! Make sure glass, plates, china, antiques, whatever it may be, is securely packaged with lots of cushion for the truck ride. If you need help with this we will be more than happy to pack up some of your valued products; again, you just have to let us know in advance if you need assistance in packing!
- Hold on to Important Documents & Paper! Hold on to all birth certificates, mover estimates, school records, new job contacts, bank records, bills, closing papers, realtors information, etc. and make sure they’re in a safe place. Don’t pack them in boxes and have them loaded onto the truck; keep them in a brief case, a purse, a backpack, and have them sit with you in the car!
Of course these are just five of the lengthy moving tips we offer to all of our customers. For more information about both our moving services, and our tips, please give Rare Movers a call at 617-825-7273. We are looking forward to creating a stress-free moving experience for you and your loved ones!